Engagement is such a special time. You are celebrating your love and commitment to each other as well as declaring that relationship to the world around you. We all want a happy fulfilling marriage — yet no one is born knowing how to be married. What fosters and fuels long lasting love? Most of us have achieved success in the important areas of our lives from education, knowledge, hard work, and practice.
Marriage is certainly no different and one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences we take on. Premarital counseling gives couples education, skills, and a safe space to have important conversations about the critical pieces of building a life together.
Below are the topics covered in premarital counseling:
- Meaning & expectations of marriage.
- Connecting the past and the present—what shapes your approach to relationships.
- Healthy conflict: Learning your conflict patterns—how to feel better and closer after conflict.
- Emotional intelligence: How to deepen and build emotional closeness and intimacy. Fostering and fueling that bond-a.k.a that feeling of no one gets you like each other.
- Sexual intelligence: How to talk about sex in an open and caring way.
- Psychology of money: What are we really talking about when we talk about money? Identify shared goals and values and navigate the differences.
- Boundaries: How to balance time together and apart and the boundaries of your relationship with the other important relationships in your life.
- Family life, Family planning
- Tough Stuff: Losses, rough patches, how to turn to one another and rely on one another through the unexpected in life.
Don’t hesitate to contact me by email with any questions.